Above Forum Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manufacture defect on a brand new 2022 Zieman Single Place trailer (S1)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacture defect on a brand new 2022 Zieman Single Place trailer (S1)

any input would be appreciated on what could be the issue my best guess is that The manufacturer welded that passenger side fender in the wrong location Took measurements from where the tabs that the slipper springs slide into and they seem to be pretty spot on as well as everything else seems to be relatively square with rough measurements but that fender is way out of whack ! New buyers beware if you were dealing with a Zieman Quality control is definitely lacking seems like their goal is to just move trailers out of their warehouse at the cost of quality control!! Now I got to deal with a warranty claim and I don't know how that's going to go- oh and also The bearing buddies that came factory on this trailer had zero grease in them and was on my way to the river and my trailer started bouncing and shaking everywhere Luckily I was almost there and made to my destination and noticed that they had never packed the bearings pulled both tires off checked both bearings one of them was bent out of whack mind you this this trailer hasn't even had more than 100 miles of tow time on it- so I replaced One of the screwed up bearings and packed both of them and ended up making it home safe with no further damage I have owned Zieman trailers for many years and never had such a problem Think it might be time to ditch the Zieman and go with a triton! Any advice on how I should deal with this would be very much appreciated, thanks !
    Attached Files
    ​-Socalcoal

Have you verified that the axle is properly square to the trailer centerline?
    sigpic
    How to post your question, AFTER you have done your homework
    Asking for help via Private Message?
    For Ficht EMM Repairs, contact Lakeside Tech
    Yamaha NanoXcel hull repair info
    Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

What would be the best way to do that ? I took measurements from the tabs that hold the rear end of the “slipper spring “ and they are both equal to the furthest point of the rear end of the trailer
      ​-Socalcoal

Comment

I do Believe the axle is centered but could be wrong if there is any better way to take more accurate measurements I’m all ears
        ​-Socalcoal

Comment

Originally posted by Socalcoal
          I do believe the axle is centered but could be wrong
          - way to take more accurate measurements -
          Well, everything on a trailer is relative to the centerline (the middle line running along the tongue), and essentially the coupler ball center on the tongue represents the starting point.

If you can measure with some accuracy (tape measure held taught) from the front center of the tongue coupler back to each axle end (wheels removed), that is the definition of the trailer 'triangle'.
          With the tires installed, measure back to the outside forward edge of the tire tread. Both sides should be the same measurement, or really close.

Same for whether the trailer frame is 'square'. Each point on the frame should be the same distance from the coupler nose center to the same point on each side of the trailer.
          sigpic
          Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

Never heard of Zieman Trailers on the east coast, but Quality Control everywhere, has gone to hell. Today I turned in my 21 VXL on a Yacht Club Trailer. Last June when I got it, I banged my knee on the gussets that hold the fenders on, and bled all over the driveway for hours. I bought some edge trim on EBay to cover all the sharp edges on that trailer.
            Today I brought home a new GP 1800 on a Triton Trailer, and I have to admit, the trailer is absolutely gorgeous. complete with retractable straps, LED Lights and tongue wheel, it’s worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by seamurph
              Triton Trailer...it's worth the money.
              That's why you don't see a lot of used Tritons for sale. People keep the trailer and sell the ski.

I bought my '07 Triton used about 8 years ago and there's no signs of wear/stress on the trailer frame.
              Now: 2012 SeaDoo GTI 155 Limited

Then: 2011 SeaDoo GTI SE 130, 2008 SeaDoo GTI SE 130 , 1994 Kawasaki SS Xi, 1989 Kawasaki ZX10, 1986 Yamaha Radian

Comment

I do wish Triton Trailers had more competition. Somehow the majority of 'other PWC trailers' on the market seem to be merely Ok or rather disappointing.

I have owned several different Triton models (single and double) and currently own a modified WC2-2.

I consider a stock Triton PWC trailer to be a good trailer, but also just the baseline upon which to improve. There are a bunch of things I generally upgrade with each new-to-me Triton. I have posted elsewhere on here about many of them.
                sigpic
                Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

Back in 16 I purchased my first PWC. A Sea Doo Spark , 90HP 2 Up. It came on some sort of Mongrel Trailer. The first time I back it into the water, both tail lights exploded. I got it home and pulled them off, and I couldn’t believe these things were even DOT Approved. Not even a bulb socket, just a couple pieces of sheet metal rubbing together. I purchased a set of submergible LEDs and hard wired them on, but for the average joe would of been in for a hundred dollar fix.

Comment

The trailer that came with my most recent PWC purchase actually has a well built aluminum frame and is torsion sprung, however the rest of it is quite mediocre. Eagle Trailers stopped building their "Tidal Wave" PWC trailers at some point, but I imagine if they had continued production, that they would be good competitors to the Triton.

Attached Files
                    1996 SLX 780 - SOLD
                    1996 SLX 780 Parts Ski - SOLD
                    1996 SL 780 - SOLD
                    1996 SL 780 Parts Ski
                    1996 SL 700
                    1997 SL 700 DLX - SOLD but still in the family
                    2001 SLH
                    2001 Virage TX
                    2001 GTX Carb
                    2x 2003 MSX 140 in Catalina Blue

Comment