No announcement yet.

anyone ever hit a fish

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever hit a fish

With all the bad vibes going around concerning r&d grates I was sitting here woundering if anyone has ever hit a biological , that would be any living fish,snake,turtle,etc causing dammage to hull or grate area....I for one think that a big snapping turtle would f--k up a ski , Now im not defending r&d or yamaha , I was just thinking about how damm fast my ski is going accross the water and a fish cant swim over 70 mph that I know of. so you hit the fish and cause a little stress riser in the aluminum grate ? just thinking out loud....do you think a bass would do more dammage than a crappie or would you go for an aligator gar as the king of smash...I know this sounds like satire but I really think that if you hit a big marine critter it can cause dammage........for example : my last boat had a merc efi 150 with a torque shift prop ( 1 1/8 shafts) the blades swivel up for more pitch on 1 1/8 inch stainless pins, I was hauling ass in 50 feet of water when "bop" something caused one of the blades to completely break off the hub? just food for thought
    sigpic
    1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150 69 gps bone stock....gone, not forgotten
    2009 yamaha FZR stage 2
    2003 gpr ported big bore efi...gone but not forgotten.
    2012 VX
    R ribbon delete , R&D grate.....gone and not forgotten
    2017 GP1800 w/ Maptuner-X, solis 13/18, 4inch air, ribbon delete 80gps, retainers and springs, cooling kit, big intercooler.

Yea, my wife was riding this summer and a mullet jumped up and caught her on her arm/shoulder area. She had a real nasty bruise for weeks.

Fish are scary because they could definitely render you unconcious and/or kill you
    Save money on your pwc performance parts! Use the discount code: greenhulk when completing the checkout process in the GREENHULK PWC Performance Store and save 10% off the listed price of MOST Riva Racing and ALL WORX Racing Products. We also offer Fizzle Racing, MaptunerX tuning bundle packages, and instant download tuning licenses at discounted prices.

Shop now! www.greenhulkstore.com​​
    Contact us! [email protected]
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/GreenHulkPWCPerformanceStore

Comment

i've hit a seagull that cracked my goggles and busted the visor on my helmet.....

Comment

never hit a fish yet but almost knocked-out a couple of dolphins around here, we ride in a place called lovers key its all flat water back in the bay and you gotta be carefull early in the morning and at sunset cause thats when the dolphins are feeding and they're everywere and they'll pull out right in front of you, and riding at 70 with a dolphin in front of you will freak you out it seems like your gonna hit them but they'r pretty quick and manage to get out my way just in time. hopefully no one ever hits one cause i think it will be worse than a grate exploding
        click on a link below to order a
        pump tunnel reinforcement for your yamaha in the forums online store.

FZR/S http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1927
        FX SHO http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1337
        GPR http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=728

Comment

Hitting a fish jumping out of the water has been one of the things that scare me and have not really admited it to anyone else. The Hudson River now has a sizeable population of sturgon. Now these are big long ugly fish that can live almost a hundred years and can grow up to 6 feet. Severl times I've been cruising along and one jumped up into the air a few feet to the right or left of me. Getting clubbered by one in the head is a scary thing when tooling along at 40 plus.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I imagine that at the very least one would suffer sever facial wounds or get knocked uncontious..........not a very pleasant thing to happen on a river that is not only wide, but long and often times free of boat traffic.

Comment

hit a sting ray.
            JIM'S PERFORMANCE
            4802 US ALT 19
            palm harbor, fl 34683
            business # 727-940-5187
            cell # 727-365-5132

(ALL FORUM MEMBERS OR GUESTS MY PLATES CAN BE ORDERED ON JERRY'S ON LINE STORE.
            WFO PERFORMANCE, www.wfoperformance.net
            ROSSNEMO RACING 813-690-8373
            LEO'S HOLESHOT KIT & WEDGE 813-407-9348

Comment

Back when Cajundude still had a ski, we were blasting around a lake when a big fish jumped up, bounced off his windscreen, and smacked him in the head. I never laughed so hard in my life.
              WFO PERFORMANCE

Comment

I like to come up on geese sitting in the water and ski next to them, they fly up the channel at about 30 mph, usually low to stay out of the wind. it has crossed my mind that i could hit a fish that jumps out of the water, and it would be humorous to see happen if everyone was ok.

The whole town said that fool should have used red.

Comment

Where i dock my ski, is right next to some lovely reeds where the fish insist on gathering.

Nothing like blipping the throttle and watching the mangled bits float. Stupid fish, my water not yours
                  My Never Ending Build : GP1300R
                  Spare Build : GP1300R 2007
                  Custom Gauge / Instrument Cluster
                  Double Trailer

eXtremeSHOK.com

Comment

Originally posted by fullboogie
                    Back when Cajundude still had a ski, we were blasting around a lake when a big fish jumped up, bounced off his windscreen, and smacked him in the head. I never laughed so hard in my life.
                    I can picture that!

Comment

I ran over one of these once on a Slalom Ski

Talk about a speed bump!
                      Last edited by Chrisrokc; 10-19-2007, 04:10 PM.
                      2024 RXP-X - Coming Spring 2024
                      2004 GP1390R - Sold

Comment

Have not been hit bye a fish.BUT i ran over a Flounder with my Windsurf board about 10-15mph... Those Flounders are THE ugliest fish ive ever saw in my life! They have 2 eyes on one side of their head and they look like a muddy Frisbee..........

Comment

Originally posted by WATER WOODY
                          Have not been hit bye a fish.BUT i ran over a Flounder with my Windsurf board about 10-15mph... Those Flounders are THE ugliest fish ive ever saw in my life! They have 2 eyes on one side of their head and they look like a muddy Frisbee..........
                          Are you sure it wasnt a Sheepshead???
                          4-Tec Jetmate
                          2004 MSX 1500SC
                          T-45 GPRXP
                          1995 785 Three Seat Triple

Click Here>>>>>> Greenhulks Store
                          save 10% off of most performance products coupon code is greenhulk
                          search here

Comment

Could have been ya clown.

Comment

Originally posted by beerdart
                              Are you sure it wasnt a Sheepshead???
                              Nah,If that wood have been the case Woody wood have hit it in the mouth with his FLOUNDER
                              Worlds Fastest GP1300R "Yellowbird" 90 Mph
                              www.wcporting.com Best Bang for your Buck!
                              [email protected] Unishippers For Best Shipping

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎