Anyone ride in Lake St.clair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ride in Lake St.clair?

Does anyone ride in Lake St.Clair or St.Clair river? Were always out there in the summer. Mostly ride around Mitchells Bay to Seaway and up through the river.
    2015 FZS SVHO Dean's Team Flash, 4" CAI, Ribbon Delete, TJ exhaust mod, Jim's Modded waterbox, Modded stock intake grate, Solas 13/18R, Fizzle Y1000, Tial, Jims plate, Coco, Riva sc shaft, lucky 13 cone.

We have a group gathering each summer on Harsen's Island, MI - maybe 20 watercraft. A few of those people ride St. Clair from the US side regularly, the rest of us travel from distant places for the get together and ride through the weekend.

The river delta's expansive shallows and countless reed lined channels make for an entertaining playground, on both sides of the border.
    sigpic
    How to post your question, AFTER you have done your homework
    Asking for help via Private Message?
    For Ficht EMM Repairs, contact Lakeside Tech
    Yamaha NanoXcel hull repair info
    Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

Originally posted by K447 View Post
      We have a group gathering each summer on Harsen's Island, MI - maybe 20 watercraft. A few of those people ride St. Clair from the US side regularly, the rest of us travel from distant places for the get together and ride through the weekend.

The river delta's expansive shallows and countless reed lined channels make for an entertaining playground, on both sides of the border.
      Where about on Harsen's island? I've rode by the island many times but on the Canadian side. I've always been worried about being on the States side and getting caught...
      2015 FZS SVHO Dean's Team Flash, 4" CAI, Ribbon Delete, TJ exhaust mod, Jim's Modded waterbox, Modded stock intake grate, Solas 13/18R, Fizzle Y1000, Tial, Jims plate, Coco, Riva sc shaft, lucky 13 cone.

Comment

What do you do when your on the usa side? Do you launch on the usa side, nexus card and call in?

Comment

We drive into the US (via ferry, actually, Sombra to Marine City), with passports in hand and watercraft on the trailer, then another ferry to get onto Harsens Island. and then we launch and ride from and around Harsens Island, all on the US side.

One could also launch from Algonac on the US mainland. The island is just a nice place to use as a base, fairly quiet and plenty of water access.

The rules are not set up for easy criss-crossing between the two nations shores so we mostly ride the US waters and stay away from Canada shorelines. After the weekend is done, trailer back into Canada.

The river is completely different landscape from the shallows and reed zones. Let me see if I can find some video clips...
          sigpic
          Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

We drive into the US (via ferry, actually, Sombra to Marine City), with passports in hand and watercraft on the trailer, then another ferry to get onto Harsens Island. and then we launch and ride from and around Harsens Island, all on the US side.

One could also launch from Algonac on the US mainland. The island is just a nice place to use as a base, fairly quiet and plenty of water access.

The rules are not set up for easy criss-crossing between the two nations shores so we mostly ride the US waters and stay away from Canada shorelines. After the weekend is done, trailer back into Canada.

The river is completely different landscape from the shallows and reed zones. Let me see if I can find some video clips...
            I would be up for that!! I live 10 minutes away from Sombra! I've never rode over on the states side. It would be even better if I could meet with you guys for the ride since I don't know the waters. When does this happen?

Comment

Here is an example, unedited (long) video of one of the grassy riding areas in the north west of Harsens Island. Miles of water less than five feet deep, often 3 feet or less.

Another riding area is south of that, on the west side.

As you can see, water depths tend to be shallow.
              sigpic
              Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

Here is an example, unedited (long) video of one of the grassy riding areas in the north west of Harsens Island. Miles of water less than five feet deep, often 3 feet or less.

Another riding area is south of that, on the west side.

As you can see, water depths tend to be shallow.
                Heck yea I'm in to this! When do you guys go? Am I able to jump in when you do this?

Comment

I'm guessing this is around Clay Township(northwest) and the other place to ride is around Little Muscamoot Bay(southwest)? (looking at google maps)

Comment

Is this in the same area?

Comment

Originally posted by wilsonma View Post
                      Is this in the same area?

https://youtu.be/hmaywBJ3YSc
                      Looks like it.
                      sigpic
                      Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

its a great time... my holiday requests are in for this year... missed last year!
                        2004 Kawi STX 15F - Cruiser
                        1999 SLX 1050 - Wave jumper

Any questions for Polaris machines click here!
                        https://sites.google.com/site/polarispwcknowedge/Home

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dalts72 View Post
                          its a great time... my holiday requests are in for this year... missed last year!
                          Is this a private thing that happens?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using GreenHulk PWC Performance Forums mobile app

Comment

Oops I meant holidays for work. I will be there, can't miss it this year!
                            Last edited by K447; 11-28-2016, 08:15 PM.
                            2004 Kawi STX 15F - Cruiser
                            1999 SLX 1050 - Wave jumper

Any questions for Polaris machines click here!
                            https://sites.google.com/site/polarispwcknowedge/Home

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Dalts72;2805675]
                              Originally posted by wilsonma View Post
                              Is this a private thing that happens?

Oops I meant holidays for work. I will be there, can't miss it this year!
                              So I'm going to guess this is private as no one has answered that question...

Comment

Working...
                              X