Best lake in NJ/NY area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best lake in NJ/NY area

Looking to do a lake run as I have been riding in the bay (toms river/brick) area for three years and im really bored of it. Originally wanted to go to lake george which I might still do but I found out that it is a 45mph speed limit which sucks. Looked up wallenpaupack lake and it also has the same limit. Everyone says lake george is beautiful and i've never been so I would like to hear everyones opinion.
    2016 Turbo FZR
    2021 GP1800

Blue Marsh Lake in PA is a great time and no speed limit. The lake is not huge but it is a descent size. Blue Marsh is my chill spot if I want to take it easy. I know you said you were looking in NJ/NY area but you also mentioned Wallenpaunpack which is in PA
    2016 RXT-X 300 just scom

**SOLD**
    2014 RXT-X 260... Vtech 8375... Kana flex intake... Riva catch can... Fizzle F1000 with hard pipes...Lucky 13 cone no spacers...

Comment

Just got back from Finger Lakes and was staying near Lake Canandagua beautiful lake though I didn't bring my ski...
      Spoke to a skier says it's quite a nice ride up to the top and back down and very few wake zones ...
      KAWASAKI 2011 ULTRA 300X Stock Grate R&D Rideplate /L13 cone/ Twin Prop 16/19-15/20 /CanDoo speed module /R3 Flash /BOV/ Custom air intake/exhaust /Lightweight SC pulley / tensioner /Riva FF-WB
      74.5mph @8200-8300 rpms
      Jersey Shore Racing

BEER AND SHOOTOUTS THATS HOW WE RACE

AUTISM AWARENESS

Comment

Great Sacandaga Lake,NY . No speed limits and almost no water patrols.
        '12 RXT-X, ESPS build engine, ET 68-140, Jesus G. 9200 custom fuel map , Fizzle IC. - Sold.
        ' 19 RXT-X 300.-Sold.

Comment

I think Lake Champlain has no limits too.
          2008 Speedster 150 (215hp SCIC)
          formerly: 96 HX // 95 XP800 // 93 XP 650 // 92 XP 580 // 89 SI 580

Comment

Best lake in NJ/NY area

Originally posted by tomespo View Post
            Looking to do a lake run as I have been riding in the bay (toms river/brick) area for three years and im really bored of it. Originally wanted to go to lake george which I might still do but I found out that it is a 45mph speed limit which sucks. Looked up wallenpaupack lake and it also has the same limit. Everyone says lake george is beautiful and i've never been so I would like to hear everyones opinion.
            old post, but i would highly suggest lake wallenpaupack, it's huge, i been riding there my whole life, i own a waterfront house. they say that there's a limit to make out of state people not go crazy, in fact i see big speed boats going atleast 60-70 all weekend long. no one will bother you. it's huge, and beautiful, and barely any chop.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom04 View Post
              old post, but i would highly suggest lake wallenpaupack, it's huge, i been riding there my whole life, i own a waterfront house. they say that there's a limit to make out of state people not go crazy, in fact i see big speed boats going atleast 60-70 all weekend long. no one will bother you. it's huge, and beautiful, and barely any chop.
              Agreed, haven't been up there in a while, but have reservations in June at Silver Birches. How is that place, it's not cheap but gets good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ River Rider View Post
                Agreed, haven't been up there in a while, but have reservations in June at Silver Birches. How is that place, it's not cheap but gets good reviews.

I haven't stayed there myself, but have rode past it while on the ski, and looks awesome, one of my Buddies stayed there once and said he loved it because of how nice the views are. i'm actually about 5 minuite away from there, they are always packed full.

Comment

I've been going to lake George for 6 years the speed limit is basically non existent i don't know why they have it but i pass cops going 60-70 all day and they just wave and the water is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by speedy steve View Post
                    I've been going to lake George for 6 years the speed limit is basically non existent i don't know why they have it but i pass cops going 60-70 all day and they just wave and the water is beautiful!
                    hahah same with me, i don't think they pay too much mind to the speed restrictions

Comment

Bud Lake on rt 80. Not to Big but no Cops, troopers ! and the best you can bring bbq to the beach and have few beers and noone will say anything !!!!

Comment

Go to Raystown Lake in PA. It's 32 miles long and the water is crystal clear with no speed limits. Scenery is beautiful and there are a few marinas with good restaurants. Use the Snyder's Run ramp off RT 22 just before Huntington. If you want to make it a overnight trip stay at the Fairfield Inn in Huntington. Plenty of parking for a trailer too. Have fun.

Comment

Guys, these sound pretty neat (Bud & Raytown). I'd like to add them to my site if any of you venture out and record a GPS trail of your day. I appreciate the consideration.
                          Looking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new trails every week with miles of water worth exploring -check us out today!

Comment

Originally posted by lowtide1 View Post
                            Go to Raystown Lake in PA. It's 32 miles long and the water is crystal clear with no speed limits. Scenery is beautiful and there are a few marinas with good restaurants. Use the Snyder's Run ramp off RT 22 just before Huntington. If you want to make it a overnight trip stay at the Fairfield Inn in Huntington. Plenty of parking for a trailer too. Have fun.

I agree to a point. I went there last year for the first time and stayed at Lake Raystown Lodge. While it's a nice place & lake, it still can't compare to the many NY State lakes. Been to George, Seneca, & Sacandaga and no comparison. Want to try Cayuga or Skaneateles next.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom04 View Post
                              I haven't stayed there myself, but have rode past it while on the ski, and looks awesome, one of my Buddies stayed there once and said he loved it because of how nice the views are. i'm actually about 5 minuite away from there, they are always packed full.
                              Silver Birches was a great place, nice to wake up in the morning & see this!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X