Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • infamous
    • Oct 2010

Need Help With JetTrim Seat Cover Install

Anyone around Long Island that can lend a hand or knows a good upholstry place that will charge a "reasonable" fee? I have been quote $150-175 from a few places I called which seems a little steep. I don't have a compressor or I'd give it a shot myself.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,

Mike
    2012 VXR

Ride the South Shore of Long Island? Join our group to keep updated with rides and to share pictures.
  • infamous
    • Oct 2010

Literally just heard back from a guy that wants $85. I think I'll just go to him.
    2012 VXR

Ride the South Shore of Long Island? Join our group to keep updated with rides and to share pictures.

Comment

• badjoka
      • Jun 2009

Good price, just had mine done and thats a very fair price for a pro shop.
      09 FZR Stage 3

Comment

• thatdude596
        Banned User
        • Aug 2011

85.00 geez it takes maybe an hour for everyday guys like myself. Your getting raped.

Comment

• r33pwrd
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by thatdude596
          85.00 geez it takes maybe an hour for everyday guys like myself. Your getting raped.
          85 an hour is pretty cheap honestly.
          2012 FZS - My custom trailer build: http://www.greenhulk.net/showthread.php?t=198369

Comment

• thatdude596
            Banned User
            • Aug 2011

Damn I should do this as a side business then of 85.00 is a good deal

Comment

• r33pwrd
              • Mar 2006

If you can do it like a pro and guarantee your work than I would

I paid 100ish to have my GPR done and it was perfect not a single flaw. (I also live in an area that things tend to be 20 percent higher priced than most of the country)
              2012 FZS - My custom trailer build: http://www.greenhulk.net/showthread.php?t=198369

Comment

• Mr. GP1800
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by r33pwrd
                If you can do it like a pro and guarantee your work than I would

I paid 100ish to have my GPR done and it was perfect not a single flaw. (I also live in an area that things tend to be 20 percent higher priced than most of the country)

The guarantee your work part is where most would get lost. The guy near me will do most seats for 60 bucks.
                2023 FX Limited SVHO.
                2017 GP 1800 Stage 1+

Comment

• infamous
                  • Oct 2010

Just left the shop. After seeing the seat and cover guy changed his price to $140. He did bring up a valid point though. If you are installing this over the factory cover how do you attach those tabs under the blolster/bump in the VXR seat cover? He said if left on the factory cover would need a slit in it so that he could attach them directly to the foam...
                  Any ideas? I'm goning to reach out to a few friends to see if I can find a compressor and ill just buy an air stapler and some staples at least this way I have more to show for my $140 spent...
                  2012 VXR

Comment

• ThatTBSS
                    • Jan 2013

In Bradenton FL we have a place that charges us $65.. Those first prices are ridiculous!!
                    2005 RXP 215. XX Blower, 15/20, Fizzle High Eff cooler, Riva- rear exhaust, intake grate, 50* injectors, block offs, Russo 4" intake, Custom Jettrim cover
                    75GPS stock tune 8150
                    2-2000 GTX
                    06 Trailblazer SS ProCharged D-1SC 553 RWHP
                    Russo Marine 941-400-3133 ​tell him Chase sent you

Comment

• badjoka
                      • Jun 2009

Initially it may sound high, but if you add salary, shop overhead, benefits, pension, etc its pretty good for an experienced pro shop in the new england region.
                      09 FZR Stage 3

Comment

• thatdude596
                        Banned User
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by badjoka
                        Initially it may sound high, but if you add salary, shop overhead, benefits, pension, etc its pretty good for an experienced pro shop in the new england region.
                        Lol sure for the owner, workers get shit n peanuts , meanwhile owners making 85 plus an hr. not bad to run an air stapler

Comment

• r33pwrd
                          • Mar 2006

Lol sure for the owner, workers get shit n peanuts , meanwhile owners making 85 plus an hr. not bad to run an air stapler
                          Liberal? Lol

Comment

• Mr. GP1800
                            • Jun 2010

Owner probably isnt getting that much after he pays all the bills, unless he is a 1 man shop like I am.
                            2023 FX Limited SVHO.
                            2017 GP 1800 Stage 1+

Comment

• thatdude596
                              Banned User
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by r33pwrd
                              Liberal? Lol
                              Not even close.

Comment

Working...